Friday Food Bags
Each week when school is in session, FamilyWorks prepares kid-friendly “PowerPacks” filled with food for students at Daniel Bagley Elementary Schools to take home over the weekend. If you are interested in enrolling your child(ren) please contact Gemille Wise email@example.com
FamilyWorks in Wallingford is offering the following services:
- weekly food bank pickups
- grocery delivery program to zip code 98103
- emergency no-cook food bags
- Text-to-Go Grocery Boxes
- Community Connector (Rental Assistance, Utility Discounts, ORCA Lift, SNAP/EBT etc.)
Visit their FamilyWorks website or call 206-694-6722.
Ballard Food Bank
Ballard Food Bank is providing the following services:
- Grocery Store at 1400 NW Leary Way
- No-cook bags
- Weekend food for kids.
- Resource Hub (emergency financial assistance)
Visit the Ballard Food Bank website or call 206-789-7800.
Food Box Home Delivery Program
United Way of King County is providing free, weekly and biweekly home delivery of groceries in partnership with King County food banks, Cascadia Produce, and DoorDash. If you are interested in receiving home delivery of groceries, please complete their interest form.
Utility Discount Program (UDP)
The City of Seattle can help people who are struggling to pay their electricity and utilities bills. Eligible households can enroll in the City of Seattle’s Utility Discount Program (UDP), which offers a 60% discount on Seattle City Light bills and a 50% discount on Seattle Public Utilities bills.
If you have questions about UDP enrollment or would like assistance, call 206-684-0268 or email UDP@Seatttle.gov. Mayor Jenny Durkan announced that Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities will keep services on for customers, even if they are behind on paying their bills, throughout the pandemic.
Cell Phone Services
Free cellphone services: If you are in need of cheap or free cellular devices visit these links to apply today!
There are two agencies supporting the grant: Neighborhood House and Rainier Vista Boys and Girls Club. The program provides short-term rental assistance and/or housing services to Seattle Public School families in need of assistance.
- Who is filling out this form (parent, SPS staff, etc.)
- Student name, student/parent phone number, and email.
- Family situation: (homeless, doubled up, etc.)
- Check the box to confirm that you received consent from the SPS family to provide their contact to Neighborhood House.
- Then, asks for your name and contact information.
Boys and Girls Club
Rental Assistance Programs
Seattle/King County clothing, gasoline, medicine, rent, utilities, and transportation to people facing economic or emotional crises. People of all backgrounds and religion can get assistance.
The Y Social Impact Center
The Y Social Impact Center has recently relaunched their Seattle Emergency Rental Assistance Program. This rental assistance program can pay up to 18 months of rental assistance for Seattle City Limit residents who qualify. If you’re working with a participant who lives within Seattle city limits, they may be eligible for these funds.
For a household to qualify, they must meet the following criteria:
- Household’s residence falls within incorporated Seattle city limits.
- Not sure if an address falls within incorporated city limits? You can verify an address by using this city limit tool.
- Household income is at or below 80% area median income.
- Household can attest to being financially impacted, either directly or indirectly, by COVID-19.
- Landlord must agree to program terms and conditions.
- Tenant must provide the following documentation after application has been received:
- Proof of rental or lease agreement.
- Proof of outstanding rental arrears.
Eligible households can apply for Y Social Impact Emergency Rental Assistance. Please be aware that these funds must be spent prior to May 31, 2023.
Under One Roof
Under One Roof is an interdisciplinary agency that serves neurodivergent children by employing a therapeutically integrated collaborative approach (TICA). They work together as a team of experts providing assessments, medical treatment, therapy for children, adolescents, and adults and parent coaching. They believe in taking their work seriously, but also intentionally finding humor and joy in the work they do.
Consejo: Counseling and Referral Service
Consejo is a licensed, award-winning treatment center offering outpatient behavioral health care, trauma-informed care, and supportive transitional housing to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as their families. Since 1978, Consejo has been providing services to children, youth, adults, and elders in King, Pierce, and Thurston/Mason Counties.
Community Medical Clinical Resources
Meridian Clinic is the King County Public Health resource for our area.
45th Street Clinic in Wallingford is a good Neighbor Care Wallingford location.
North Seattle Church in Haller Lake provides a good health clinic.