Food and Family Assistance Resources
Food and Family Assistance Resources
The SPS Summer Meal Program provides:
- Sack breakfast and lunch meals pickup Monday-Friday
- Reheatable Meals by FareStart for pickup Monday-Friday
- Weekend Meal Support pickup on Friday
The closest pickup sites to Daniel Bagley are:
- Broadview Thomson K-8 13052 Greenwood Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98133
- BF Day Elementary 3921 Linden Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103
- Eckstein Middle School 3003 NE 75th St,. Seattle, WA 98115
- Olympic Hills Elementary 13018 20th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98125
- Olympic View Elementary 504 NE 95th St., Seattle, WA 98115
- John Rogers Elementary 4030 NE 109th St. Seattle, WA 98125
City of Seattle Summer Food Service Program
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), also known as the Summer Meals Program, was established to ensure that children receive nutritious meals during the summer months when school is not in session. SFSP is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and administered by state agencies, who reimburse providers who serve free, healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks to children and teens age 18 and younger. Visit the website to find your nearest free summer meal site.
FamilyWorks in Wallingford is offering the following services:
- weekly food bank pickups
- grocery delivery program to zip code 98103
- emergency no-cook food bags.
Visit their FamilyWorks website or call 206-694-6723.
Ballard Food Bank
In response to COVID-19 Ballard Food Bank is providing the following services:
- Once a week drive-thru pickup of a pre-packed food box
- Weekly home delivery to zip codes 98103, 98107, 98177, 98117, 98199, 98109 and 98119
- No-cook bags and groceries
- Weekend food for kids.
Visit the Ballard Food Bank website below or call 206-789-7800.
Food Lifeline will continue distributing thousands of emergency food boxes to anyone needing help keeping food on the table during this crisis. These boxes contain fresh produce and assorted dairy items.The closest distribution point to Daniel Bagley is:
North Seattle College – 9600 College Way North, Seattle, Wa, 98103 (Enter on N.E. 95th Street)
Tuesdays, 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Find a Food Bank near you at Food Lifeline
United Way of King County Free Summer Meals
Free Summer Meals are available for kids and teens at parks, community centers, and schools in your community. A few important things to know about Free Summer Meals this year:
- All sites offer grab and go meals that you can pick up and eat at home, and some sites may provide multiple meals at once.
- Your child does not need to be present to pick up a meal. If you are sick and in need of meals, please stay home and send someone else to pick up food.Visit the website to find your nearest Free Summer Meals site or food bank.
United Way of King County food box home delivery program
United Way of King County is offering free, weekly home delivery of groceries in partnership with King County food banks, Safeway and DoorDash.
Utility Discount Program
The City of Seattle can help people who are struggling to pay their electricity and utilities bills. Eligible households can enroll in the City of Seattle’s Utility Discount Program (UDP), which offers a 60% discount on Seattle City Light bills and a 50% discount on Seattle Public Utilities bills. If you have questions about UDP enrollment or would like assistance, call 206-684-0268 or email UDP@Seatttle.gov. Mayor Jenny Durkan announced that Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities will keep services on for customers, even if they are behind on paying their bills, throughout the pandemic.
Rental Assistance Programs
Seattle/King County clothing, gasoline, medicine, rent, utilities, and transportation to people facing economic or emotional crises. People of all backgrounds and religion can get assistance.