Daniel Bagley Family Monday Message, January 22, 2024
Family Monday Message, January 22, 2024
To be prepared for Remote Learning we have been asking for laptops and iPads to go back and forth. But, sometimes devices are left at home, making it hard for students to participate in some school time work. Please support your children in making sure they bring their device back to school if they are sent home.
Daniel Bagley PTA’s Annual Direct Give Campaign starts next week, Jan. 29-Feb. 16th. This fundraiser is critical to the PTA’s ability to continue to support our students at Daniel Bagley Elementary in an impactful way. The campaign goal is $46,500 (includes $5,000 corporate match). More details to come soon. Thank you for your continued support of our amazing school!
Each week we share appreciations for our staff and adult community at Bagley in the Nectar News video. We would love it if families wanted to take some time to share a shout out at this link. Bagley Appreciations
Take a look at Ms. Emily’s Donor’s Choose request for some new books: Spanish Books for Curious Kids!
We have about 15 hard-working Bagley students that stay after school for extra learning support time, and they could really use some snacks to help keep them fueled while they work! If you are able to help by donating pre-packaged snacks, please sign up.
Universal Screening will be finalized by Wednesday, Jan. 31 (previously Monday, Jan. 23).
What is next?
- The process for identifying student eligibility is part of our Universal Screening which uses multiple data sources to identify students for AL or HC services.
- Families will have their Universal Screening results letter in their Source account on Friday, Feb. 2. An email will be sent to families of students with new eligibility decisions on Tuesday, Feb 6
- Appeal Process window: February 6-20
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Lunch and Office Volunteers Needed:
Thanks so much for your time and consideration for volunteering in the lunchroom or office from 10:30-12:30! Sign up to volunteer at lunch or in the office.
Stingers Ultimate Frisbee Interest Survey:
If your 3rd, 4th or 5th grader would be interested in participating, please fill out this Stingers Ultimate Frisbee Interest Survey as soon as possible!
Ultimate Frisbee is a team sport that incorporates cooperation, fun, and flying discs! We are preparing for a fantastic spring season on the field! This opportunity is open to ALL 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. There is no need for prior playing experience. There will be one after-school practice each week (day, time, and location to be determined) and games on Saturdays, most of which are held at Magnuson park. The season runs from late February until May.
- Kinder, 1st and 2nd grade Assessments: DIBELS Reading assessment (1/10-1/26) and Kinder only Reading and Math MAP (1/22-2/9) varying times in class. (No preparation is needed). More information about Assessments.
- Robert Eagle Staff Middle School Prospective Families Open House, 1/22 @ 6:30pm
- Bagley Bingo/Loteria Night 6–7:30pm, PTA General Meeting 6:30–7:30pm, Friday, 2/2
- Accessible Education Dept Family Night Event, Wednesday, 2/7 @ 5 PM
- Bee Yourself Cultural Heritage Event and Book Fair, Thursday, 2/15@ 5:30-7:30 PM
- Mid-Winter Break (No School), 2/19-2/23