June Family Update
Posted: | Updated:
Summary: Weekly Family Update, June 17th
June 17 Family Update
Dear Daniel Bagley Families
2022 has been quite a year! Thanks for your partnership in supporting our students in so many ways this year. I hope you have a summer with time for renewal and fun – and hopefully we’ll see the sun sometime too. I will miss the hive, but this is not goodbye- just see you soon in the neighborhood.
Stay safe and keep reading.
Important Upcoming Dates
- August 15 Office open for families
- August 15-19 Jump Start
- September 7 First Day of School 1st-5th
- September 12 First Day of School Kindergarten
Summer office hours
The school office will be closed June 29–August 14. While we are out, these resources are here to help you navigate the start of school:
- For questions about Transportation please call 206-252-0900.
- For questions about Enrollment please call 206-252-0760
- For questions about Enrollment in Spanish all 206-472-0604
- Moved? Change your address here
- Information on Summer Meals
- Culinary Services: including applications for the free and reduced lunch program
- For more information about the Family Support Program please call 206-252-0950.
- For information and resources for our unhoused families please call 206-252-0660.
Safety Update from Nurse Beck:
Due to popular demand, SPS has added four more free COVID vaccine and booster clinics over the next week. The clinics are open to all SPS students (ages 5 and up), staff, and their families. Boosters for 5- to 11-year-olds and second boosters for adults 50 and older will be available.
Graduation and end-of-year gatherings are coming up! Washingon State DOH suggests screening for COVID when you’re going to gather with a group of people, especially those who are at risk of severe disease or may not be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines.
How to get free COVID-19 tests:
- Order free tests from the state every month: https://sayyescovidhometest.org/
- Get your third round of tests from the federal government by mail: https://www.covid.gov/tests
- Visit a free PCR test site through the city of Seattle: https://www.uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/testing
Repeats from Last Week
Class placement information –
Watch for a school email the last week of August with important back-to-school information and class assignments.
New Principal update –
On Monday you should have received a letter announcing Angela Clement will be the new principal for 22-23 school year. She will be on site visiting next Thursday to begin our transition. Please join me in welcoming her to the hive!
Staffing Updates for 22-23
This time of year is always filled with mixed emotions as we say goodbye to some staff and welcome others. Our current staffing is listed below (based on our projected numbers we have been reduced by two staff.)
This is subject to change as our enrollment may shift over the summer.
Kindergarten: Corinna Richards, Aidi Nguyen, Julie Steele
1st Grade: Cheryl Cole, Connie Messom
2nd Grade: Meeah Park, Liz Filep
3rd Grade: Jane Lipsen, Monica Rasmussen, Rob Schultz
4th Grade: Laura Adriance, Lily Robbins
5th Grade: Mike Perez, Dirk Vonderlage
Other staffing changes include:
- Kelsey Ledee (K teacher) will be leaving us due to staffing reductions (this is based on seniority)
- Leetah Stackhouse (5th grade teacher) is retiring
- Kathy Beck (school nurse) is moving to a preschool nursing position
- Taylor Dawson is resigning – Julie Anne Parker will be joining our Distinct Special Education team in the intermediate level position
- Damaris Aviles (ELL IA) is retiring
Thanks to all staff for their hard work this year in supporting each other and our students!
Students Not Attending Next Year
Current resident students who will not be returning full time to Seattle Public Schools in September will need fill out the Not Attending Next Year Form.
Have a great weekend!
Carla Holmes, Principal