February 18th Family Update
Posted: | Updated:
Family Update – February 18th
Dear Daniel Bagley Families,
- Dear Daniel Bagley Families,
- Mask Mandate Updates-
- Important Upcoming Dates:
- 2022-23 Superintendent Procedures for Student Assignment
- Global Reading Challenge
- PTA Updates
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Repeats from Last Week
- Safety Updates from Nurse Beck:
- Honoring MLK day and looking forward to BLM coming up in February
- Exiting parking lot on 80th
It’s hard to believe that when we return from mid-winter break, we’ll be heading into the month of March. After Governor Inslee’s COVID 19 press update yesterday, we know our ability to continue to adapt and change with the safety protocols will continue to be a focus for our community in the coming weeks. While we may not know all of the specifics yet, what we do know is that we have students, staff and families who are flexible, caring and working together to keep everyone safe.
You – Me – We – Together
Mask Mandate Updates-
Until further notice the SPS requirement of mask use by students, staff, and visitors at all district and school buildings is in effect. Please read more about Mask Mandate Updates on the Seattle Schools website.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- 2/21-25 Mid-Winter Break (no school)
- 3/4 Game Day
- Reminder: If your student is going to be absent two or more school days, please submit a Pre-Planned Absence form to the office.
2022-23 Superintendent Procedures for Student Assignment
There are changes to our 2022-23 Superintendent Procedures for Student Assignment, policy 3130SP impacting our move rules that you should know about.
Revisions were voted on and approved by the school board February 9, 2022.
These changes are as follows:
- Students who move out of their school’s attendance area may now remain at the current school to the highest grade offered.
- Assignment will not change upon processing change of address form unless families request to be reassigned to their new boundary school for the following school year.
- Also, resident students who move out of the district may remain at the current school to the highest grade offered (as long a Choice Transfer Request form is submitted prior to the start of the following school year).
If you have any further questions please contact Admissions email@example.com
Global Reading Challenge
On Monday, February 14, 2022 the 2021/2022 Global Reading Challenge was held in our Cafeteria. Congratulations to all the teams, it was very close but the Team with the most correct answers was…
- Logan Mc
The Participating Teams Were:
The Epic Puffy Cheetos
- Logah H
- Claire N
The Seven Musketeers
The Fuego Pickles
Virtual Winter Movie Nights
Four free movies in February!
Get your favorite snack, drink, and pajamas ready! Daniel Bagley PTA is proud to sponsor more virtual family movie nights.
To begin watching the movie click on the watchlink. It will be the same for every movie.
- Friday, February 18 – Lincoln (PG-13) Movie available all day
- Passphrase: 686B91679A55460F86090A945687814C
- Saturday, February 19 – Remember the Titans (PG) Movie available all day
- Passphrase: B81FC77B51F74A30B16B9B67916E575C
- Friday, February 25 – Clifford the Big Red Dog (PG) Movie available all day
- Passphrase: 000E132255E744098A8E420028667B19
- Friday, February 25 – La Luna (Disney short – 6:55 minutes) (G) Movie available all day
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Guest Speaker, Rosetta Lee
Vote for the DEI virtual training session topics
View DEI virtual training session topics and respond to Amanda Steen firstname.lastname@example.org with your top three choices.
DEI virtual training sessions with Rosetta Lee:
- Thursday March 17, 2022, 6:30–8pm
- Thursday April 21, 2022, 6:30–8pm
Amanda Steen, DEI Chair
Repeats from Last Week
Safety Updates from Nurse Beck:
- Updated travel guidelines: COVID travel guidelines and restrictions may vary by region and may change abruptly. Families are encouraged to stay up to date on regulations and best practices by checking the CDC website frequently and right before traveling.
- Accepting COVID-19 Home Tests – Beginning on February 7, 2022, Seattle Public Schools will begin accepting rapid home antigen tests for a return to school. This change applies to unvaccinated students or staff that are identified as a close contact and are required to quarantine, students or staff that have two or more symptoms, or students and staff that are not close contacts but have COVID symptoms.
- COVID protocol update– The district is now aligning with DOH on quarantine guidance of 5 days.
- Mask Guidance–CDC says N95 masks offer far better protection than cloth masks against omicron variant
- Close the Loop– If your child is out due to illness please be sure to update us on your child’s status OR share negative COVID test results (even if testing is done at Bagley) BEFORE sending them back to school by emailing email@example.com
Honoring MLK day and looking forward to BLM coming up in February
Classes will be engaged in learning together next week; we will also share and celebrate together as a whole school at our community assembly at the end of the month on 1/28.
Exiting parking lot on 80th
Please help the traffic flow, this is a right turn exit only. Thanks.
You – Me – We – Together
Carla Holmes, Principal