Bagley’s Start of School FAQ
Posted: | Updated:
Start of School FAQ
First Day Packets include:
- Student Reunification Emergency Form
- FERPA form (to select permissions for photo sharing, etc.)
- Device Agreement and $25 Fee (link to come soon)
- $40 School Supply Fee
- Walking Field Trip Form
- Free and Reduced Meals Form
- Call or email the Attendance Secretary at 206-252-5110 email@example.com
- Late Arrival
- The playground gates will close at 8 AM. Please bring all students to the front office when arriving after 8 AM for check in.
- Early Dismissal
- If you are picking up your child early, please call the main office at 206-252-5110 or ring the bell when you arrive. We will have your child gather their materials and meet you in the main office.
- Lunch Accounts
- Current Prices: Breakfast is $2.25 and Lunch is $3.25
- Every student is assigned a lunch account, whether they plan on buying a meal at school or not.
- To add money to their account you can pay online
- You can also apply for Free Meals online
- Lunch Codes/Pin
- When any student gets a meal they enter their code. This ensures we are tracking on their noted allergies.
- Our nutrition services staff and teachers will support students in learning their Lunch Pin.
- Weekly Principal’s letter (School Messenger and Website), Weekly video, PTA Newsletter, Regular teacher emails, Talking Points texting
What to wear
- Send your child with a change of clothes to keep at school in the event of an accident.
- Please send your child with a coat each day, in case of sudden changes in weather. We really value outside time, and only cancel outside recess during extremely heavy rain.
Lost and Found
- The lost and found clothing rack is located under the outside covered play area.
- 7:30 AM – Gates open for breakfast in the cafeteria
- 7:40 AM – Blacktop supervision starts. Please supervise your child on the blacktop if you arrive prior to 7:40 AM and they are not eating breakfast in the cafeteria.
- 7:40-7:50 AM – Students find their cone line spots on the blacktop and line up.
- 7:55 AM – Teachers will walk their class into the building.
- All students that take a bus will have supervision when they arrive.
- Let your child’s teacher AND the main office know of any changes to your child’s pick up routine. We ask for a minimum of 30 minutes notice of a change, so we can share this information with all adults involved.
- Families can park in the parking lot or on side streets and enter the side gates off the playground.
- Please find your child in line and make eye contact with their teacher, to ensure they are going home with the expected adult.
- If your child is going to Boys and Girls club they will be escorted to the cafeteria.
- If your child is going home on the bus they will be escorted to a bus line and attendance will be taken on each bus before departing.
- Category A volunteers work in the school building for field trips, and other whole class support. Category B volunteers work directly with students on tutoring and other one on one situations. Category B volunteers require a one-time background check. The application lasts for two years.
- Complete your Volunteer Application online.